25 May Inspirational Artisan Living Room
I’ve been inspired by some of the eclectic, colourful living rooms I’ve found on Pinterest, and wondered if it was possible to create a similar look just using handmade products, and, if possible, products made by fair trade artisans.
Below are the results.
I think the trend for hanging woven bowls on the wall works best in small quantities, and surrounded by other objects, like paintings, as you can see in the example living rooms.
These living rooms mix traditional and modern patterns to good effect, creating an interesting bohemian look. I particularly like the mix of colours.
Where to buy (left to right, delivery locations in parentheses)
- Rwanda Baskets (USA)
- Woven Basket – White & Natural – No. 2 (USA)
- African Zulu Wire Bowl (UK)
- Dot Bowl, Yellow (USA)
- Blue Spell Basket (USA)
- Red Sea Geometric Alpaca Blend Patterned Cushion Cover (Worldwide)
- Recycled Sari Square Pillow (USA)
- Black & White Modern Triangle Pattern Decorative Cushion (Worldwide)
- Bright Horizons Modern Zapotec Multicolor Cushion Cover (Worldwide)
- Lime Green & White Geometric Decorative Cushion (Worldwide)
- Embroidered Pillow Cover, Multicoloured, Peruvian (Worldwide)
- Tarma Rainbow Unique Woven Striped Throw (Worldwide)
- Joyous AmethystStriped Throw Blanket (Worldwide)
- Acapulco Chair, Hemp (Worldwide)
- Crocheted Table (Worldwide)
- Reyna Round Stool (USA)